About the Nike HSI Scholarship Program
The Nike HSI Scholarship Program is designed to empower young leaders who currently attend a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI).
An HSI is an institution of higher education with an undergraduate student enrollment that is at least 25 percent Hispanic. Please reference the latest US Department of Education NCES list to confirm if an institution is designated as an HSI.
Scholars are selected based on merit. Award amounts range from $5,000 to $10,000, based on demonstrated financial need.
- Must be of Hispanic heritage
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited, public or not-for-profit, four-year university that is officially designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) – as defined by the Higher Education Act of 1965. For more information, visit the US Department of Education NCES list.
- No documents are required for the successful submission of Phase I. In October, students selected to proceed in the application process will be required to submit their undergraduate transcript(s), financial aid award letter, and enrollment verification form.
- Students who are first-year undergraduates, and who do not have undergraduate grades for summer/fall 2023, must submit their high school transcript in October, if they proceed in the application process. Students who submit a high school transcript must have obtained a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).